It's the 3rd day in my first week of clinical years.
I'm in Medicine posting...
Today was my 1st time learning with my supervisors on Physical Examination.
After nearly 3 hours in the clinic learning the basics of PE of 3 system, all i can is: Practice, Practice, Practice..and practice. How nice if i can have a human-dummy to practice on anytime i want..haha!!
Seeing the Dr. doing it was easy..but when i try percussing on James..no sound came out..=.=..haha..
F.Y.I, James was the dummy. and he enjoys it.
Have to learn and practice to do PE and hopefully can master as geng as like when you are driving car, don't need to think what gear to change next. As what my Dr. puts it. I will try and hopefully can achieve that.
Haven't met any patients yet today, hopefully soon...
I found out that I seriously need to touch up my pre-clinical theories, as most of it kinda went down the drain already..^^
Life for these first 3 days was not bad. So far.
Hope to learn more as I progress through this posting in the next 3 months.
Have to bear with the tiredness and leg sore.
I also realize that, its better to fill up your stomach before going for class in clinics. Because you don't know how long the class will last. And brain can't really work well when stomach is grumbling, and when you are hypoglycemic.
Have to pack up some energy bars in my bag from now on, just in case if i had no time for proper meals.
It's still a long way..
So much to learn in such short period..apparently some Dr. said 13 weeks for medicine posting is not enough.
Not much to share here as I'm still at the beginning.
But, it's an interesting beginning though.
And so far I'm enjoying it. ^.^
All the best to others!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment